NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MANY WILL ENTER AND PLAY, FEW WILL WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: 1 Million Box Tops Sweepstakes (the "Instant Win Game") is open only to legal residents of the Fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. In order to enter, you must be a member of BoxTops4Education.com and have designated a school to support at time of entry. If you are not a member of BoxTops4Education.com, visit www.BoxTops4Education.com , complete the registration page and select a school to support. Registration is free. Your chosen school must be enrolled in the General Mills Box Tops for Education® Program (the "BTFE Program") for the 2016-2017 or the 2017-2018 academic school years as applicable prior to your entry. If your school is not enrolled in the BTFE Program, have your school's principal or an administrator call 1-888-799-2444 to enroll. Employees, officers, and representatives of General Mills Sales, Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Instant Win Game is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation in the Instant Win Game constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Box Tops for Education-eligible school ("BTFE-Eligible School") of winner's choice will receive the prize provided that it complies with the requirements set forth in the BTFE Program and these Official Rules. To be considered a BTFE-Eligible School, the school must be registered with the BTFE Program for the 2016-2017 or the 2017-2018 academic school year as applicable prior to your entry. See www.boxtops4education.com for more details about the BTFE Program.
2. Sponsor: General Mills Sales, Inc., One General Mills Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55440. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Instant Win Game begins on December 26, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on January 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). The Instant Win Game consists of two (2) phases (each a "Phase"), as outlined below. There is a specified number of Instant Win Game prizes allocated to each Phase; please refer to Section 7 below.
Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. ET)
End Date (at 11:59 p.m. ET)
December 26, 2016
March 31, 2017
April 1, 2017
January 1, 2018
You may request a free Code starting on December 12, 2016; see Section 4 (b) below for complete instructions. Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Instant Win Game.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, obtain a code. There are three (3) ways to obtain a code for the Instant Win Game:
a. Purchase a Participating Product: During the Promotion Period, purchase a specially-marked package from among the following products from a participating retailer, while supplies last, and follow instructions below to submit package code online:
Locate the code which is printed on the inside of the back panel on the product packaging ("Product Code") and have it available when you visit the URL listed below; or
b. Free Code :
Mail-In Free Code Request -- From December 12, 2016 to December 18, 2017 : To obtain a Code without a purchase, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address, and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to "1 Million Box Tops Sweepstakes," c/o HelloWorld, Inc., P.O. Box 5006, Department 828111, Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5006. Limit: One (1) Code request per envelope. All mail-in requests must be handwritten and must be postmarked by December 18, 2017 and received by December 26, 2017. All Code requests become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. You will receive a Code via email. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due Code requests, which will be discarded. Administrator will email you a Code within 8-9 business days from your postmark date.
Online Free Code Request -- From December 19, 2017 to January 1, 2018 : To request a Code online, visit www.1MillionBoxTops.com (the "Website") and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the Code request form, including a valid email address, and you will receive a Code within three (3) business days via automated email. All requests must be received by January 1, 2018. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected requests, which will not be honored
Once you obtain a Code from any of the above methods, during the Promotion Period, visit the Website and follow the links and instructions to proceed to the Instant Win Game area of the Website. Complete and submit the registration form in its entirety, including the Code where indicated. Upon successful registration and inclusion of the Code, you will automatically receive one (1) Instant Win Game play for that day and proceed to the Instant Win Game page. Follow the links and instructions to play the Instant Win Game. The Instant Win Game results will be instantly displayed. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Instant Win Game.
Limit : up to thirteen (13) Instant Win Game plays during the entire Promotion Period per person/per email address regardless of whether you submit a Free Code or Product Code. You are not permitted to share your email address for the purpose of registration or Instant Win Game play. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void your plays and you may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or player. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Proof is sufficient if so determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
5. All potential winning plays are subject to verification by Sponsor or administrator, whose decisions are final AND BINDING. You are not a winner of any prize, even if the INSTANT WIN GAME SHOULD so indicate, unless and until your eligibility and the potential Winning play have been verified and you have been notified that verification is complete . Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. any play that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective play, is void, and will not be honored.
6. Instant Win Game Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Instant Win Game and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Instant Win Game. There will be one thousand two hundred twenty-five (1,225) random, computer-generated winning times during the Promotion Period. Eight hundred fifty-seven (857) of these random, computer-generated winning times will be during Phase 1 and the remaining three hundred sixty-eight (368) will be awarded in Phase 2. If you are the first player to play the Instant Win Game at or after one of the randomly-generated times, you will be a potential instant winner of the prize indicated. If any potential winner cannot be contacted or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize and Sponsor and Administrator will have no further obligation to such potential winner.
7. Prizes/Odds/Prize Fulfillment Timing:
FIVE (5) GRAND PRIZES (three (3) awarded for Phase 1 and two (2) awarded for Phase 2) : 1,000,000 eBoxTops to be awarded to the winner's designated BTFE-Eligible School. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $100,000.
TWENTY (20) FIRST PRIZES (fourteen (14) awarded for Phase 1 and six (6) awarded for Phase 2) : 100,000 eBoxTops to be awarded to the winner's designated BTFE-Eligible School. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $10,000.
TWO HUNDRED (200) SECOND PRIZES (one hundred forty (140) awarded for Phase 1 and sixty (60) awarded for Phase 2) : 10,000 eBoxTops to be awarded to the winner's designated BTFE-Eligible School. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $1,000.
one thousand (1,000 ) THIRD PRIZES (seven hundred (700) awarded for Phase 1 and three hundred (300) awarded for Phase 2) : 1,000 eBoxTops to be awarded to the winner's designated BTFE-Eligible School. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $100.
One (1) eBoxTop is worth one (1) Box Top, or $.10 to a BTFE-Eligible School. eBoxTops will be credited to the designated BTFE-Eligible School's account after confirmation of Instant Win Game winning status subject to these Official Rules and the BTFE Program guidelines available at www.boxtops4education.com . No eBoxTops prize will be awarded to any individual winner. BTFE-Eligible Schools are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, if applicable. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $1,000,000. Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person, with a maximum of up to one (1) Grand Prize and a total of five (5) Instant Win Game prizes per BTFE-Eligible School. Odds of winning an Instant Win Game prize depend on the number of Instant Win prizes available divided by the number of eligible Instant Win Game plays.
Prize Fulfillment Timing:
Prizes awarded from December 26, 2016 to March 1, 2017 will be credited to the winner's designated BTFE-eligible school's account in April of 2017.
Prizes awarded from March 2, 2017 to November 1, 2017 will be credited to the winner's designated BTFE-eligible school's account in December of 2017.
Prizes awarded from November 2, 2017 to January 1, 2018 will be credited to the winner's designated BTFE-eligible school's account in April of 2018.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, accepting a prize in the Instant Win Game constitutes your consent to Sponsor's use of your name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown, and state for promotional purposes in any media in perpetuity without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Instant Win Game if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Instant Win Game, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes in a random drawing from among the eligible Instant Win Game plays received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Instant Win Game, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Instant Win Game is a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, you and your designated BTFE-Eligible School agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, HelloWorld, Inc., and any promotional partners, each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliate, and related companies, and each of its and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any losses, damages, rights, claim, or cause of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of your participation in the Instant Win Game or resulting directly or indirectly, from your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Instant Win Game, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by those that enter the Instant Win Game, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Instant Win Game; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines, or network hardware, or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Instant Win Game; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Instant Win Game or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Instant Win Game, or receipt, or use of any prize. If for any reason your Instant Win Game play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, your sole remedy is another entry in the Instant Win Game, if it is possible. If the Instant Win Game, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: You agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Instant Win Game or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (ii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Instant Win Game but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or your and Released Parties' rights and obligations in connection with the Instant Win Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
14. Winners List: For a winners list, visit http://bit.ly/2cTStTv. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete for 90 days.
©2016 General Mills © 2016 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.